Good news, booze cuts risk of getting arthritis
Once again a news story which confuses the sensible drinking message and which demonstrates why government and health bodies should be delivering sensible alcohol consumption messages, rather than newspapers, individual scientists or individual scientific studies.
I’m not suggesting that this study is factually incorrect, but it does give the newspaper editors a chance of a quick headline, a page filler and a popular justifiable approach to alcohol consumption.
So drinking is good for arthritis; potentially, there is an indication that more research is required. What these stories never really tell you is that while it may have benefits for certain parts of the body, excessive consumption is very harmful for much of the rest of the body.
At Beyond The Blue Training & Consultancy we deliver a number of different courses and services, which include;
- Consultancy Service – helps clients develop or re-focus their business and guide them towards success.
- The Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing (ARAR) designed for front-line staff to help them meet their statutory requirements;
- The National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH) which qualifies candidates to apply for their personal licence;
- The National Certificate for Designated Premises Supervisors (NCDPS) which provides relevant information for anyone assuming the position of DPS in licensed premises.
- Conflict Management and Resolution training compliments personal development and helps employees deal proactively with Workplace Violence.
- Our Personal Safety for Lone Workers course teaches the core skills to help employees deal effectively with alcohol and drug related personal safety issues.
For more information on any of our services, please call us on 0845 602 55 95 or Contact Us.
To view the original article Click Here
Source – Metro
Date – 28th July 2010
Submitted by – Peter Mayhew