Welcome to Beyond the Blue Training & Consultancy
At Beyond the Blue Training & Consultancy we specialise in all aspects of Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing for the Licensed Retail & Licensed Hospitality Sectors; this includes Personal Licence courses & Personal Licence applications, Premises Licence Applications, Premises Licence Variations and Temporary Events Notices.
Our Licensing Consultants offer advice and representation on all aspect of licensing including Premises Licence Review hearings, Licensing Committee Hearings.
We deliver solutions to workplace violence through our Conflict Management & Conflict Resolution training and consultancy services.
Alcohol Licensing & Entertainment Licensing
Training is essential for employers to meet their statutory obligations under the Licensing Act 2003, to promote the licensing objectives, to retail alcohol responsibly and to protect themselves from the potential for prosecution. Our courses include:
- Award for Personal Licence Holders Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- APLH Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- Personal Licence Application Service >>
- National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- NCPLH Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- Award for Designated Premises Supervisors (DPS) Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing Course >> (BIIAB Level 1)
- Award in Drug Awareness (Licensed Hospitality) Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- Authorisation to Sell Alcohol Induction Course >>
- Licensing Consultancy Services >>
- Premises Licence Application Service >>
We have over 25 years' experience within the licensed retail & licensed hospitality sectors (pubs, bars, clubs, hotels, off-license shops, supermarkets, restaurants, event spaces, etc.), which gives us the perfect platform to deliver training which qualifies learners for nationally recognised qualifications including the highly respected BIIAB portfolio of courses. Beyond the Blue is a BIIAB ‘Grade 1’ approved training centre; the BIIAB describe Grade 1 as ‘demonstrating outstanding quality procedures’.
For more information please visit the Alcohol Licensing Section of our Website >>
Conflict Management & Resolution Training / Solutions to Workplace Violence
Workplace violence manifests itself in environments where people have contact with the public at their place of work and includes abusive behaviour, threats, harassment, aggression and physical violence.
The consequences for employers include lack of productivity, stress leading to increased employee absenteeism, high staff turnover and in the worst cases injury and the potential for workplace violence related litigation. Our solutions include:
- Conflict Management and Resolution Course >>
- Physical Intervention Course >>
- Personal Safety for Lone Workers Course >>
- Award in Conflict Management for Licensed Premises Staff >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- In-House Security / Stewarding Induction Course >>
- Solutions to Workplace Violence Consultancy Service >>
For more information visit the Conflict Management Section of our Website >>
Health & Safety, Fire Safety & First Aid
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 all workplaces are required to have a Fire Risk Assessment and provide fire safety training for all employees.
- Award in Fire Safety Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- Emergency First Aid at Work Course >>
- Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
- Award in Food Safety in Catering Course >> (BIIAB Level 2)
For more information please visit the Health & Safety Section of our Website >>
- Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing >>
- Conflict Management & Resolution / Solutions to Workplace Violence >>
- The Private Security Industry >>
- Fire Safety >>
- Event Management >>
For more information visit the Consultancy Services Section of our Website >>
Independent Travel / Gap Year Safety
Through our subsidiary ‘Safe Gap Year’ we run workshops in Independent Travel Safety and Cultural Awareness Workshops. Please visit www.safegapyear.co.uk for more details.
Our Objective and Mission Statement
To eliminate the all too common use of the phrase ‘it happened out of the blue’ from our client’s workplace and help them plan and operate proactively to see ‘beyond the blue’.
To assist our clients in maximising the full potential of their employees and their business; guiding them with confidence towards a safe, secure, professional and successful future.
Our objective is to provide consistent 'excellence in customer service' to every client; from individuals to our biggest corporate clients.
We believe strongly in the saying that:
‘There is only one thing worse than training someone and having them leave; that is not training someone and having them stay’
Our focus is on how we can change attitudes and views to ensure that clients gain an effective advantage. We provide them with skills, knowledge, confidence and perspective to help them manage in a more positive and professional manner.
We welcome enquiries from any sector with no obligation, no hard sell; just our honest professional opinion.
For further information please Contact Us or call 01784 434 392 / 0800 066 55 24 and speak with one of our Consultants.
Page Updated: 11th February 2017