Award for Personal Licence Holders Course / APLH (BIIAB Level 2)
Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH
BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
1 Day (09.30 – 17.00)
Multiple Choice Exam (Pass Mark 28/40)
Beyond the Blue Training Pass Rate
£135.00 per learner; see below for details
- Book Online for a 10% Discount >> for an Open Personal Licence Courses in London.
- Complete an Enquiry Form >> for an In-House Personal Licence Course at your workplace anywhere in the UK.
- Call 01784 434 392 or 0800 066 55 24 and talk to a member of our professional team of licensing consultants.
Online bookings use the Secure Payment Platform SagePay >>
Open Course – Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH
London Central – (London Waterloo Station SE1) - Click here for map >>
Call 01784 434 392 to book a Personal Licence Course or use our Online Booking System to Book a Personal Licence Course>>
- Wednesday 29th November 2023 - Book This Course>>
- Thursday 14th December 2023 - Book This Course>>
- Tuesday 16th January 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Wednesday 7th February 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Thursday 29th February 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Tuesday 19th March 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Wednesday 10th April 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Thursday 2nd May 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Tuesday 21st May 2024 - Book This Course>>
- Wednesday 12th June 2024 - Book This Course>>
In-House Course – Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH
If you have a group of learners you would like us to deliver the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders to, we offer in-house group courses (min. 6 learners) for clients throughout the UK.
The APLH course can be delivered either at the client’s own workplace or at a training facility we will provide close by. Personal licence courses are run at the convenience of our clients; including weekends where required.
Personal License Application Service
For clients who do not have the time to struggle through the personal licence application process themselves or who wish to avoid any delay, we offer an optional personal licence application service.
We process the complete personal license application, including; the CRB check / basic disclosure, photograph endorsement, disclosure declaration and the application forms. Book this service online Today and recieve a £12 Discount.
Personal Licence Application Service; More Information >>
Course Fees1 – BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH
10% Discount for any Open APLH Course Booked Online Today
£12 Discount on any (Optional) Personal Licence Application Service Booked Online Today
Total Saving £28.20 p.p. (incl. vat) when you book a combimed APLH Course and Personal Licence Application Service Online Today
- Open Personal Licence Course (incl. 10% Online Discount) - £121.50 + vat per learner; Book Online Now >>
- In-House APLH Course2 - £135.00 + vat per learner; In-House APLH Course Enquiry Form >>
- Personal Licence Application Service (Optional) - £152.00 including basic disclosure (CRB / DBS equivalent), local authority application fee & vat. We complete the application process with the local Licensing Authority on your behalf; More Information >>
Call us on 01784 434 392 / 0800 066 55 24 to book a personal licence course or to speak with our professional licensing consultants; Contact Us >>
Discounts are available for larger groups and repeat bookings
Free BIIAB Course Handbook - Each learner is sent the BIIAB Personal Licence Holders course handbook in advance. This allows learners to familiarise themselves with the content and results in better APLH examination results.
No Hidden Extras2 - Course Fees include the APLH course handbook, course materials, tuition, examination & certification. We provide refreshments during our open courses, learners should make their own arrangements for lunch.
Course Description – BIIAB Award for Personal Licence Holders Course
The BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders is the prescribed qualification required by anyone wishing to apply to their local authority for a Personal Licence to sell alcohol.
A personal licence allows the holder to sell or authorises the sale of alcohol in England and Wales on any premises which holds a premises licence, club premises certificate or temporary events notice (TEN), which allows the licensable activity of the ‘Sale of Alcohol’; within the terms of that licence.
The sale of alcohol without the approved authorisation carries a maximum penalty on conviction of a Unlimited fine and / or 6 months imprisonment.
For more details regarding the personal licence and the application process please visit our Personal Licence Information Page >>
The APLH course and qualification acts as a safeguard for the premises licence, as it strengthens the defence of due diligence where prosecutions may affect a company's continued operations. This is because learners have to demonstrate key knowledge on the Licensing Act 2003 and the core licensing issues, in order to pass the APLH exam.
The personal licence course is also essential for anyone assuming the position of Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). A Designated Premises Supervisor must hold a personal licence.
Download the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH Leaflet >> (pdf document)
Course Summary – Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH • The Licensing Act 2003 • Licensable activities • Licensing objectives • Personal licence application • Duties of a personal licence holder • Premises licence applications & reviews • The Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) • Temporary Events Notices (T.E.N.) • Police powers & rights of entry •Protection of children • Nature of alcohol • Social responsibilities in the sale of alcohol • Conduct on licensed premises •
Target Learners – Personal Licence Course & APLH Qualification
The BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH is the most sought after qualification by employers in the licensed retail & licensed hospitality sectors:
• Pubs • Bars • Night Clubs • Private Members Clubs • Social Clubs • Licensed Café’s • Hotels • Leisure Centres • Events Companies •Restaurants • Off-Licenses • Licensed Shops • Supermarkets • Local Authority Officers • Police Licensing Officers • Internet / Telephone Sale of Alcohol • and many more…
Assessment Criteria - Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders / APLH
The Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is assessed via a short 40 minute, 40 question multiple-choice exam; learners must achieve 28/40 in their personal licence exam in order to pass and to be awarded their APLH certificate.
Once completed, APLH exam papers are returned to the BIIAB to be marked. We aim to inform learners of their results within 48 hours of their examination.
Qualification Accreditation – BIIAB Award for Personal Licence Holders
The Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders qualification is accredited by the BIIAB; on successfully passing the associated examination, learners will receive a BIIAB APLH certificate.
The qualification is accredited by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) as a level 2 qualification and approved by the Department for Culture Media & Sport, the Home Office and the Police.
The APLH qualification it is accepted by all Licensing Authorities in England & Wales in support of personal licence applications for those who sell alcohol, authorise the sale of alcohol or regulate the sale of alcohol.
Choose Beyond the Blue as your Training Provider
Beyond the Blue is recognised as a leader in the field, both by our extensive existing client base, local authorities and industry bodies alike.
Beyond the Blue is a ‘BIIAB Grade 1 Accredited Training Centre’; the BIIAB describe Grade 1 as ‘demonstrating outstanding quality procedures’.
We have exceptionally high pass rates for all our BIIAB accredited courses. Throughout 2022 we had a 98.1% Pass Rate for learners attending personal licence training with us.
We strive to deliver excellence in both the services we supply and the level of service we deliver. We understand that the quality of our training is measured by what our clients think:
- ‘The trainer was well prepared and delivered an excellent course answering all our questions’ - Katarina Caualoua, Vinapolis
- ‘Been in the trade 21 years and never knew the law had changed so much’ - Keith Sessions, Goring & Streatley Golf Club
- ‘A very interesting and informal course. The time flew by and held my attention the whole time’ - Keith Beckley, Metropolitan Police (Hayes) Sports Club
- ‘Trainer was very informative and knew his subject inside out’ – Simon Jones, Virgin Active
- ‘Well delivered course – very relaxed atmosphere and everyone felt comfortable to ask questions if needed’ – Alison Miller, Wahaca Soho
- More Approval Ratings & Learner Feedback >>
For more reasons why Our Clients choose Beyond the Blue as their drug awareness training provider please visit Why Clients Trust Beyond the Blue >>
What is the difference between the APLH and the NCPLH?
The BIIAB Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) qualification replaces the National Certificate for Personal License Holder (NCPLH) from April 2011 as the prescribed qualification for anyone wishing to apply for a Personal License in England and Wales. More Information >>
1All fees are exclusive of vat at the current rate unless otherwise stated.
2In-House Courses - Where travel of more than 50 miles from our offices in Surrey is required, services may be subject to additional fees to cover travel expenses. Travel is undertaken by public transport or car and charged to the client at cost. Where overnight stays are required, these are also charged out at cost.
Additional fees which may be incurred are always agreed with the client in advance.
Download our Training the Licensed Retail & Licensed Hospitality Sector Leaflet >> (pdf document)
• BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing (ARAR) Course • BIIAB Level 2 Award for Designated Premises Supervisors (ADPS) Course • Authorisation to Sell Alcohol Induction Course • Alcohol Licensing • Licensing Consultancy Service • Licensing Resources & Downloads • Personal License Application Service • Personal Licence Information • Premises Licence Application Service • Premises Licence Variations • Premises Licence Transfers • Temporary Event Notice (T.E.N.) Service • Why Clients Trust Beyond the Blue • Testimonials • Our Clients • Approval Ratings & Learner Feedback • Latest News Blog • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn •
Page Updated: 3rd October 2023