Licensing Consultancy Service
We deliver a complete Licensing Consultancy Services for clients who require professional assistance with any aspect of the licensing processes.
Our professional licensing consultants have many years of experience dealing with all aspects of licensing, for a wide variety of clients operating a wide variety of premises; these include retail shops, bars, restaurants, night clubs, hotels, blue chip companies and event spaces.
Licensing Consultancy Services
- Premises Licence Applications >>
- Premises Licence Variations >>
- Premises Licence Minor Variations >>
- Premises Licence Transfers >>
- Variation to Specify the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) >>
- Temporary Events Notices (TENs) >>
- Personal Licence Applications >>
- Premises Licence Review Hearing Reptresentation >>
- Interim Authority Notices
- Application for a Provisional Statement – Premises Licence
- Representation at Hearings
- New Business Premises Licence Check
- Licensing Health-Check
- Business Consultancy Service
- Test Purchase & Underage Sales Prevention
- Licensed Events
- Press & Media Contributions >>
How We Approach Licencing Consultancy Projects
The licensing process is predominantly a civil process with applications being made to local councils and hearings being made in front of licensing committees; made up of elected councillors.
A thorough knowledge of licensing law is required and a good understanding of local licensing policy is also essential in the licensing process; with continuous change in licensing regulation, our up-to-date knowledge sets us apart.
Legal representation (barristers & solicitors) is only required if an application were to fail during the initial two stages of the application process and there was a need to appeal to a magistrates court; in these cases we work with an experienced firm of licensing solicitors to whom we refer this specialised legal work.
However our aim is never to have to appeal to the magistrates court and to achieve a positive outcome for our clients, avoiding additional cost and delays. We have been exceptionally successful and consistent in achieving positive conclusions for our clients without the need to appeal to the courts.
Our professional licensing consultants are ideally placed to provide a successful cost-effective solution for all your licensing requirements.
For more details please visit The Advantage of Licensing Consultants >>
How we Achieve Success
- Discuss applications with the client – We discuss the details of the application and use all our experience and knowledge to advise our client of all their options; final recommendations are based on these discussion and the client’s business plan.
- Premises licence application plan – Where necessary we conduct a site visit to enable us to draw up a plan of the premises to the required scale. We take the opportunity to familiarise ourselves with the business and its location.
- Consult with the responsible authorities – We consult with the appropriate responsible authorities (police, licensing authority, environmental health etc.), depending on the nature of the application. Where possible we seek to reach consensus prior to submitting the application and to pre-empt any challenges the application may face.
- Submit the application – We complete all the documentation and submit these to the licensing authority with the associated fees. The completed applications are then simultaneously forwarded to the all other parties as required.
- Organise the public notices – We arrange for public notice to be displayed appropriately.
- Check and return the licence – Following successful applications, the newly issued licence is checked by one of our licensing consultants and sent on to the client within 24 hours of being received by us.
Representations & Licensing Committee Hearings
If representations (objections against your application) are received we provide follow-up services.
- Review any representation received – We advise on a strategy going forward.
- Hold discussions to resolve representations – We lead negotiations on behalf of the client, with a view to delivering solutions which will allow representations to be withdrawn.
- Representation for licensing committee hearings – When it has not been possible to resolve representations through a consensus approach, we represent the client at the subsequent licensing committee hearing.
Licensing Act 2003
The Licensing Act 2003 covers all licensable activities which take place in England & Wales:
- Sale of Alcohol
- Supply of Alcohol on Club Premises
- Regulated Entertainment – Live music, recorded music, performance of a play or dance, films, indoor sporting events, boxing / wrestling / combined fighting sports and related entertainment; minimum audience sizes apply to some of these activities.
- Late Night Refreshment – Sale of hot food and hot drinks between 23.00 and 05.00
Our fees for licensing consultancy services are transparent and published on the appropriate page of our website.
For further information please call 01784 434 392 / 0845 602 55 95 and speak with one of our Professional Licensing Consultants.
Beyond the Blue’s Licensing Consultants
Our professional licensing consultants have years of experience working and negotiating with different licensing authorities, police services and other responsible authorities.
We have submitted many successful premises licence applications, variations and transfers as well as successfully representing many clients at licensing committee hearings. Below are just a few recent examples:
• The Yacht London (Westminster City Council) • Italian Traditions ‘& Pasta’ (Westminster City Council – West End Stress Area) • BlackRock (City of London) • Household Cavalry Museum & Horse Guards Parade Ground (Westminster City Council) • Coolcats Café (London Borough of Southwark) • HooHaas (Wokingham Borough Council) • Salem Stores (London Borough of Islington) • No Curfew (London Borough of Hackney – Shoreditch Special Policy Area) • Café Leo (London Borough of Richmond upon Thames) • Food Choice Ltd. (London Borough of Waltham Forest) • Arco Bars (Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea) • Rainbow Restaurant (London Borough of Croydon) • Taste of Siam (London Borough of Camden – Camden Town Cumulative Impact Policy Area) •
There are a many good reasons why you should choose an experienced licensing consultant to undertake your licence applications. For more information please visit The Advantage of Licensing Consultants >>
1All fees are exclusive of vat at the current rate.
• BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) Course • BIIAB Level 2 Award for Designated Premises Supervisors (ADPS) Course • Authorisation to Sell Alcohol Induction Course • Alcohol Licensing Training • Why Choose Beyond the Blue • Testimonials • Our Clients • Approval Ratings & Learner Feedback • Latest News Blog • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn •
Page Updated: 21st August 2013